Sunday, January 23, 2011

1 year 1 month old Dylan does toddler chores

A year and a half ago, I marveled at Ava eagerly helping to load clothes in the dryer and vowed that:
"If we are blessed with a son some day, I will play these same "cleaning" games with him because as I was reminded once, I'm not just raising a child, I'm raising someone's future spouse or partner and they should be able and willing to share the household task load, whether they work in the home or out of it. After all, those clothes and dishes aren't going to wash themselves." 
Well, careful what you wish for because the boy child arrived. Now true to my word, he's following in his sister's footsteps with toddler chore assistance.



He already tries to climb into the dishwasher. Maybe he's trying to tell us he really wants to do dishes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment