Thursday, December 03, 2009

Five days overdue

This is what it looks like: a woman trying unsuccessfully to smuggle a medicine ball.

I wake up every morning to Snap, Crackle and Pop. No, not the cereal. That's the sound my pregnancy-loosened joints make as I side-roll/hoist myself out of bed like a whale trying to un-beach itself.

Truthfully though, other than being really tired and short on stamina (and non-polyester/elastic clothing), I feel fine. Like I did 2-3 months ago.

No massive swelling turning the ends of my legs into "cankles," no headaches, major pains or other discomforts. I'm even still working, because If I'm not in active labor, I'd rather be working and saving up my leave for when the baby's really here, not home on the couch watching Ellen and "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" marathons. After all, that's what Saturdays are for. ;-)

I'm at Antipartum testing right now just making sure baby's movin' and groovin' okay since he's being all reluctant about joining us. So far so good: lots of kicks and rolls like he's trying out yoga poses in there. Ultrasound is up next, which is always cool. More news soon hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment